Home Inspection For Sellers
Savvy home sellers have their home inspected before placing it on the market. This gives them time to potentially raise the sale price of their house by addressing any major issues found during the pre-listing inspection. After the repairs have been made, it may be wise to have a re-inspection performed to ensure the work was done properly.
Buyers can get scared off when a large list of issues is found during an inspection. By contacting us for a pre-listing inspection, you can gain the advantage of knowing what needs to be repaired before anyone tours the property.
Pre-Listing Home Inspection
By having a pre-listing inspection performed, this provides you, the homeowner, the ability to make needed repairs, obtain estimates for needed repairs or to disclose conditions to potential buyers.
In other words, you remain in control and avoid knee jerk reactions and inflated cost of repairs. This process also eliminates the need to “renegotiate” the agreed to purchase price of the home after a buyer’s home inspection occurs.
The 12 Most Important Components We Check During Pre-Listing Inspections
- The heating system
- The central AC system
- All interior plumbing & electrical systems
- The roof
- The attic (including visible insulation)
- All walls
- All ceilings
- All flooring
- All windows and doors
- The home’s foundation
- The basement
- All structural components
Tips For a Successful Pre-Listing Home Inspection When Selling a House
During the inspection, the inspector will show respect and try to leave the property as found, shoe covers will be worn to prevent tracking of dirt. If you have any specific instructions or comments for the inspector please feel free to leave a note.
- Leave all keys that we may need out and labeled such as keys to access crawl spaces or locked doors.
- Make sure your furnace’s pilot light is on. Same for a fireplace if your home has one. This tip holds true even during the summer months.
- Tidy up your home, especially the basement. Please make sure the inspector can access everything without obstruction.
- Don’t forget to make the attic entry accessible. Please remove clothes and personal items if the access is located in a closet. If access is located in a garage please be certain to remove cars and anything else from within the garage for access purposes. This is one place that is commonly overlooked by home sellers.
- Don’t forget about access to exterior property features such as to the crawl space.
- Ensure the utilities are on and functional, even if no one is currently living in the home. We cannot do our job without electricity and running water.
- If any item is not working and should not be operated, please leave a note explaining.
- Do simple maintenance like changing burnt out light bulbs.
- Please remove items from windows and preferably open all blinds.
- If you have pets please clean up the yard of any animal waste to prevent guests from possibly tracking into the home.
- If you have dogs, please make arrangements to remove them from the property, this is best for the dogs to reduce their stress and for the safety of our clients and inspector.
- If the property has been or is currently under a termite treatment contract please provide a copy of documents.
- Please leave a copy of the owner’s disclosure document available for review.
- In the event of a Radon Test being performed “closed-house conditions” need to be observed, all doors and windows will need to be closed and kept closed for 12 hours prior to the testing and for the 48 hours of the test.
Complete Inspection of the Following:
- Roof, vents, flashings, and trim
- Gutters and downspouts
- Skylight, chimney, and other roof penetrations
- Decks, stoops, porches, walkways, and railings
- Eaves, soffits, and fascia
- Grading and drainage
- Basement, foundation, and crawlspace
- Water penetration and foundation movement
- Heating system (HVAC)
- Cooling system (HVAC)
- Main water shut-off valve
- Water heating system
- Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets
- Drainage sump pumps with accessible floats
- Electrical service line and meter box
- Main disconnect and service amperage
- Electrical panels, breakers, and fuses
- GFCIs and AFCIs
- Fireplace damper door and hearth
- Insulation and ventilation
- Garage doors, safety sensors, and openers
- And much more
Why Choose AA Home Inspection To Perform The Home Inspection of Your Potential New Home?
- 200% Guarantee
- 92-Day Service Warranty
- Same day electronic reports!
- Full-time office staff
- Supra Key – KY and OH
- Online payments accepted
- We gladly answer all questions at any time after the report is completed.
- You’re welcome to join us for your home inspection
- We’ve completed more than 10,000 home inspections
- We follow the ASHI standard and are compliant with KY & OH licensing
Inspections Available in these Greater Cincinnati Counties
- Boone County, KY
- Butler County, OH
- Campbell County, KY
- Clermont County, OH
- Gallatin County, KY
- Grant County, KY
- Hamilton County, OH
- Kenton County, KY
- Pendleton County, KY
- Warren County, OH
Schedule Your Inspection Services
We have several convenient ways for you to schedule your inspection service, including online right now.
(859) 448-0213 » Call and speak with our office staff that can answer any of your questions and schedule your inspection.
Option 2: Schedule Online
Our most popular option. You can schedule your inspection online right now! Our office staff will follow up with you quickly.
Option 3: Email Us
Get started with a quick email to [email protected] and we will follow up with you quickly.
We cover the Northern KY/Greater Cincinnati area.
- Hamilton County
- Southwest Ohio
- Northern Kentucky
And nearby communities...
Complete, thorough inspection of residential & commercial properties.
- Roof Inspections
- Component Inspections
- Foundation Inspections
And everything in-between.
Why AA Home Inspection?
- Easy Scheduling Options
- Licensed Home Inspectors
- Easy To Understand Reports
- Honest Reports That Provide Value To All Parties Involved
- Fair & Reasonable Pricing
- Locally Owned & Operated
Call, text, email, or complete any form.